Mostly Soccer cleats can get covered in dirt, grass, and mud with regular use. Moreover, cleaning soccer cleats sounds a great deal of work. In any way, with the right ways of cleaning, you can get the brand-new shoes once again. Here are the tips for how to clean soccer cleats.
How To Clean Soccer Cleats That Stink?
First, remove all the access dirt. When you are cleaning your shoes, you need to hit shoes both together to shed all the mud, grass, and dirt.
Dry Clean The Dirt
To clean the cleats’ bottom, you need to use the unique tool for shoe cleaning since dry cleaning will lose the mud, grass, and other dirt stuff from spikes.
Cleaning Solution Preparation
For the cleaning solution, you need to mix the cleaning solution and the warm water. In this case, dish soap or hand soap will make the best solution. You only need to fill the container with lukewarm water and then add two tablespoons of regular soap into the solution. After that, you need to shake the container until it becomes sudsy.
Use A Soapy Solution
Dip the brush into the solution, and then you need to clean the bottom of the cleat. However, the brush can cover the grass and dirt, them. Therefore, you need to run it under the running tap. Once you have cleaned the brush, you need to run it into the soap solution and scrub the shoes again.
Wipe Soles Of The Shoes
Get the paper towel and then dip it into the same soapy solution. Wipe the remaining residue from this paper towel of grass and dirt. After wrapping the towel around the fingers, you need to clean all the difficult areas to reach on your shoes.
Related To Soccer Cleats
Upper Portion Cleanings Of The Cleats
After removing laces from shoes, you need to dip it into the solution. Then 10 mins after, you need to scrub the laces either from toothbrushes or your fingers to remove the accumulated dirt. Put laces under the sun to let them dry.
Clean The Top
To clean the top, first, you need to dip the toothbrush into the soapy solution and then use a scrub for top scrubbings. Put your one hand into the shoes and the other one to rub shoes with a toothbrush.
Dry The Cleats
To dry cleats, you need to use the clean paper towel and clean it with the soapy water to remove the remaining dirt on your shoes. It would also help if you made sure that the soles, the sides, and the tongue must be clean. Once the cleats are dry, then put the laces back into the cleats and then wear the shoes.
Cleaning With Washing Machine
You can use a washing machine, and then you can save yourself from labor. However, before washing from the washing machine, you need to consider certain things in your mind. For this purpose, you need to separate the sock liner and the laces from the soccer cleats. Also, you need to make sure that you have placed enough clothes beside them. In this way, it will not create that much mess on the walls of the washing machine. Moreover, you need to maintain the temperature around 30 degrees for additional rinse.
How To Clean Soccer Cleats With Socks?
If you want to eliminate the odors’ problems from your cleats, just like anything else, you need to start things by taking all the prevention measures. Here are the tips of how to clean soccer cleats with socks:
- Cleaning must be consistent and clean them after every game
- Always choose K-leather over synthetic materials because leathers are breathable. In this way, odors will not be trapped in the shoes.
- After the game, please remove them and place the fabric softener sheet before placing them back into the bag. After then you can also stuff them with newspaper softener to absorb all liquid present in it and moisture.
- Try to air dry them into the shaded area instead of drying them in the direct sunlight, which can be damaging.
- Ensure that all the soccer cleats are completely dry once you wash them and cleaned before you wear them for your game.
- Choose the best socks, and the absorbent socks are best in this case.
- Also, make sure that they must be of the right thickness to avoid extra sweating while playing.
- Always consider more than one pair and alternate them while playing because, in this way, you are fighting bacteria and keeping the odors in the bay.
- Whenever you are wearing soccer cleats, you need to make sure that your feet must be dry and clean. Also, it is important not to reuse socks before washing.
There is no reason to stick with the dirty and smelly cleats. Simple cleaning methods and prevention measures are essential to keep giving you the best playing experience. Moreover, you can use simple removal methods to ensure if some dirt is remaining.